Jack Daniel's Fudge
Jack Daniel’s Fudge – Perfect for the Holidays!!!!
5 cups sugar (2 pounds)
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup whole milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
25 large marshmallows, ripped in half
11.5 oz Ghirardelli 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate chips
2 ½ cups powdered sugar
¾ cup Jack Daniels or a whiskey you really like – you will taste it!
- Whisk whiskey with confectioner’s sugar and set aside.
- Foil and butter a 9 x 13 (or larger) baking pan.
- Put sugar, butter, milk and vanilla in large pot with heavy bottom. Stir steadily until mixture boils, continue stirring while letting it boil for 3 minutes. Time it, this is important. Remove from heat.
- Add the marshmallows and chocolate, stirring until all of it is melted and blended into the sugar mix.
- Give whiskey mixture a quick stir and add it to the pot, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a greased pan and chill. Let mellow for a day before cutting.
- Credit Lora Lynn Shell